2018 nominations are open from June 1 to August15, 2018.
Employer Nomination - Illinois
Complete the form on this page to tell us about a company or organization that deserves the Job Honor Award. Feel free to nominate your own employer. (Please note that this is not a vote. Do not nominate the same employer more than once.)
After submitting your nomination, the Submit button will be replaced with the words "Thank you." That's the only acknowledgement you'll receive. You will not be contacted by America's Job Honor Awards unless your nominee is selected as an honoree. Our decision will be based entirely on the content of your nomination.
Honorees will be publicly announced at the annual awards event. (Honorees and their nominators will be contacted several weeks before this ceremony.)
- Do not use the "Back" button while completing this form -- Your information will be lost.
- Consider cutting and pasting your answers from a word processing application (e.g., MS Word) to check spelling and avoid losing your work.
- A detailed entry is essential. Provide specific and concrete examples of how your nominee has demonstrated outstanding character and is deserving of the Job Honor Award.
- The best nominations present a clear, compelling and chronological story. Nominations that list a jumbled assortment of facts are viewed less favorably. (Our challenge is to capture honoree stores in a powerful and inspiring 3-4 minute video. We're after a story.)
- Our awards are presented before audiences of business leaders. Our primary goal is to inspire employers to adopt inclusive hiring practices and hire more disadvantaged jobseekers. Please keep this audience in mind as you craft your nomination.
- Before submitting your nomination, please check with your prospective nominee to confirm they'd be comfortable sharing their story publicly and accepting the Job Honor Award.
Except in extraordinary circumstances, the following organizations are excluded from consideration:
- Workforce Development Agencies. America's Job Honor Awards does not formally recognize organizations that prepare and train disadvantaged candidates. Our mission is to celebrate the organizations that hire individuals who have overcome barriers to employment. (We serve workforce development agencies by increasing employer demand for their clients, encouraging more candidates to seek their services, and showcasing their success stories.)
- Temporary Staffing Agencies. The mission of America's Job Honor Awards is to reward and encourage companies that offer long-term career opportunities to disadvantaged candidates. Temporary staffing agencies typically focus on assignments of limited duration.
When selecting our top honorees, a number of criteria are factored into our decision: We seek a line-up of honorees with good geographic diversity (coming from multiple parts of the state, for example, instead of from a single metropolitan area). We seek honorees from a variety of industry sectors. We seek honorees that hire people who have overcome a variety of employment barriers (e.g., mental & physical disability, prior criminal convictions, immigrant/refugee status).
Before submitting a nomination, be sure to read our Legal Disclosures.
* Required fields are marked with asterisks
By submitting your nomination you agree that you have read and accept the legal disclosures.
NOTE: After submitting your nomination, the Submit button will be replaced with the words "Thank you." That's the only acknowledgement you'll receive. You will not be contacted by America's Job Honor Awards unless your nominee is selected as an honoree.